Combinations to Sudoku

What is the exact no of distinct sudoku puzzles that can be made?

No clue,how we make sure that we have put enough entries such that there will exist a solution to sudoku puzzle or also how we make sure we have put entries in such a way thats its a valid sudoku.

The only approach I am getting in it is starting with top left corner ,we have 9 entries to fill then from bottom left leaving one entry I have 8 entries like,then similarly 8 entries then 7 entries from left to right in bottom,
But I am not considering anything about that sum in 3 by 3 should also be 9.

Am I on the right path?

I calculated the total unique solutions as 96845.
How I got there:
Start with a blank grid and put an X in Aa. 1 of 9.
Then put another X in Bd. 1 of 6.
Then put an X in Cg. 1 of 3.
So far for X, 963=162.
Now put an X in Db. There are already 3 places taken by Xs in the
upper third so it has 6 possible spots.
An X then in Ee. 4 choices here.
To finish the middle third put an X in Fh. One of only 2 possibilities.
So, for the middle third, 642.
Repeat this for the bottom third and the possibilities are 321.
For one number in a blank grid the total possibilities are: 963642321=46656
I proceeded to fill in the rest of the grid and counted the possiblie placements of succesive letters (yes, I used letters to avoid confusion.)
My totals are: A (X, as listed above)46656; B 23040; C 1260; D 17280; E 6400; F 384; G 1728; H 96; I 1.
This yeids a puny total of 96845 unique solutions for a 9x9 grid.
I am not a trained mathematician, and I smoke a lot of crack, so I could be wrong.

Bro 9!only is the no. of combinations to fill the first line which is far more than your answer.

No Supriyas u r not going in a write path A Sudoku puzzle is defined as a logic based number placement puzzle. The objective is to fill a 9×9 grid with digits in such a way that each column, each row, and each of the nine 3×3 grids that make up the larger 9×9 grid contains all of the digits from 1 to 9. Each Sudoku puzzle begins with some cells filled in. It is important to stress the fact that no number from 1 to 9 can be repeated in any row or column although, the can be repeated along the diagonals.
Each row, column, and nonet can contain each number typically 1 to 9 exactly once.
The sum of all numbers in any nonet, row, or column must match the small number printed in its corner. For traditional Sudoku puzzles featuring the numbers 1 to 9, this sum is equal to 45.