Can mentors give insight on how their Interview went with DRDO and other PSUs , I got to know DRDO panel is very strict and very theoretical!
I was interviewed at DRDO through campus, the panel consists of 10 12 members along with one or two professors of your own college, they asked me my fvrt subject, I answered data structure and algorithms, so they asked me two questions
a) a array is increasing and then decreases, find the point at which this happens. I answered brute force first, then they asked me to use binary search, I was not able to answer it.
b) you are given a pointer to a node in link list and you have to delete that node, I was clueless in this too.
Then their are some people who asked me text book question like what is software testing or something I dont remember. I screwed those 2 questions, my professor asked me question why object is passed as reference in copy constructor which I answered correctly.
That was all, cpi matters, above 8 and average performance in interview can get u through.
I will share the experience of my daughter.
- Panel was very interactive and comfortable with the students and also with her.
- It went for around 20 mins.
- They asked for her favourite subject , she told Operating Systems,
- Question on Input/output devices was there , I used floppy in my times , and yesterday I bought new laptop which dont have CD drive
- They also asked her about computer networks and how will you set up the system in a small village with low bandwidth.
- Then why DRDO over ISRO or mtech.
- I told her to join for Mtech, but her passion is in aircrafts, I dont how she will learn on from here . Today’s Kids